11 December 2009

7 things that made me smile this week…



1.  Feeling like I am finally in control of my health and it is not controlling me!  This is a major achievement for me and one that I have been battling with for some time now. I have found a great doctor who practices conventional medicine combined with homeopathic remedies. So far it is doing wonders for me.


2.  Watching my children open their advent calendars… the true meaning and tradition of these calendars may be lost on them, but just one small piece of chocolate can make them so happy!


3.  Seeing photos from home of friends celebrating birthdays…so nice to see how the children have grown since we have been away.  Thank goodness for modern technology and the internet.  For these I am very grateful!


4.  The simple pleasure of buying a few new Christmas decorations for our home. It makes me happy to put the Christmas decorations up. It brightens up the whole place. Nice!


5.  Anticipation…….counting down the days until we fly home to see family and friends for Christmas.


6.  Matthew retrieving some of our old photos from our computer made me smile this week.  We thought we had lost them forever when our computer died last year. But he found them! Oh boy, I am so happy to have them back again and relive the memories!  It makes me realise how quickly life passes you by especially when you see how the children have grown so much in the last few years and see how much our life has changed since then. 


7.  Inspirational quotes…. Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.














It's lovely to look back at happy moments like these. 

No comments: