08 December 2009

weekend treats

I almost completely forgot to take a photo of my weekend treat! It only just occurred to me as I had served it all up …. luckily I managed to get a pic before it was all gone!!


I don't even remember the last time I made Bread and Butter pudding but it is one of those delicious wintery comfort foods that you sometimes get a craving for…and as I discovered one that the whole family loves!  It is a pudding from my childhood as my mum used to make it all the time. And as soon as you take your first mouthful it brings with it wonderful childhood memories!


Matthew brings home pastries just about every Saturday morning, funnily enough on his way back from the gym, to have with coffee as a special treat and I had this great idea to use the left overs in a bread and butter pudding….. and it worked really, really well!   So well, it might have to be a regular and not a treat!!


Food for the soul…..


No comments: