05 March 2012

home inspiration

i'm obsessed with white at the moment...


white, white, white...white walls and ceilings

and because our house is quite dark on these gloomy rainy days i have a feeling that winter will be the test to see how we can do a few little tricks to get more light into our living spaces...

i think the easiest way is to paint white on white...

something like this...






how cute is little gem in Bondi
images via here


expect to see more white on white as i trawl for inspiration. lighting is also on my mind too...some well positioned down lights could work wonders here and there as well...

4 comments:

Sandrine said...

Oh gorgeous! I love the huge windows too! The house we moved in is all white (including tiles) and I must admit I love the feel of space and clarity it brigs.And you can play with accessories a lot! :)

Thanks for your sweet words as well!

xx

All For Love said...

Oooo I couldn't agree more, we need more white in our house too. It is dark, being a terrace and the previous owners seemed to choose every dark coloured paint possible. That first image is divine, that is EXACTLY the style and colour scheme we would love to do our place in... one day! xo

Leese said...

Oh how I'm coverting the study shown above! At the moment it is a room full of mis-matched furniture and junk. To be able to have it all clean and fresh would be my version of heaven! I agree with the white. Can not go wrong! It opens everything up and lets you feel that you can breathe deeper...or is that just me?!

alison said...

Sandrine, I LOVE the huge windows too! Jules isn't this place fantastic, I bet in its former life it was a dark little box...amazing what they can do to breathe new life into some houses! Leese, I'm totally with you on that study...swoon! And yes totally agree with white opening things up : ) alison xo